Q: Car hesitates, stalls at idle, P0102 code

asked by on August 03, 2016

My car has gone 220,000 miles. The dash is showing the check engine light on. When I'm driving at the speed around 55 mph, the car starts hesitating. Also, it occasionally starts stalling while idling. I had the codes read and P0102 popped up. I've done so many repairs on the car and some of them include: MAP sensor replacement; MAF sensor replacement; wires, spark plugs, fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator replacement; EGR valve, PVC valve, vacuum lines and coil packs replacement; throttle body cleaning; fuel injectors cleaning; oil changed. The transmission works fine. The car has no leaks. It doesn't burn oil either. There is no misfiring. I had the wiring harness checked and it's good. The engine has not shut off. What else can I do to prevent the car from stalling and hesitating?

Hello. This can be caused by a number of things. I usually install a scan tool first to see what the sensors are reading. Most of the time this is caused by a leaking intake manifold gasket. This is a common failure. It can also be a wiring issue, but the gasket leak is very common. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the stalling problem and determine what repairs are most appropriate and avoid replacing any more unnecessary components.