Q: Car hard to start.

I think I need a new ignition lock tumbler. The key won't start the car, or it is hard to start sometimes.

Is the ignition key hard to turn and binds in the ignition or are you having a no start problem? The ignition lock cylinder would need to be looked at first to see if it is the cause of your problem and a diagnosis would need to be done. Some ignition parts may require very specialized Mercedes tools to replace and program to work properly. I would recommend a certified Mercedes mechanic or an certified mechanic from YourMechanic to check it out for you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr