Q: Car hard to start.

I think I need a new ignition lock tumbler. The key won't start the car, or it is hard to start sometimes.

A: Is the ignition key hard to turn and binds ...

Is the ignition key hard to turn and binds in the ignition or are you having a no start problem? The ignition lock cylinder would need to be looked at first to see if it is the cause of your problem and a diagnosis would need to be done. Some ignition parts may require very specialized Mercedes tools to replace and program to work properly. I would recommend a certified Mercedes mechanic or an certified mechanic from YourMechanic to check it out for you.