Q: EPS light turns on then off & it is hesitating like if car won't turn on.

I turn key to ignition & the EPS light turns on then off but I notice a hesitation as if my car might not turn on but it does. I'm worried my car might not turn on & can't afford a mechanic now. Is this a serious problem?

If the vehicle is not starting easily, it can be caused by a number of issues or components. Any of a dozen sensors like the coolant temperature, throttle position, or crankshaft sensors can be the cause. Low fuel pressure due to a bad fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator can cause hard starting. Also, a weak spark due to worn spark plugs or a bad ignition coil can cause the issue. Unfortunately, the only real way to determine what is causing the hard starting is to have a certified technician inspect the vehicle to determine the exact cause. Replacing parts at random will be much more expensive in the long run.

3. EPS light turns on then off & it is hesitating like if car won't turn on.