Q: When I turn my car on the idle is high and it doesn't come down. When I drive, it basically drives itself.

the rpm goes all the way to 3-4 when I start the engine I try to put in gfear to drive it start slow then gradulate incresses by it self up to 50 m iles an hour I drive with m,y foot on the brake

Hi and thanks for your question. Check the gas pedal to see if it is coming all the way up. Check the throttle body to ensure that the throttle plate is not sticking. If everything is working correctly, check the gas pedal cable to and see if the cable is sticking. Sometimes the cable gets rusty or corroded and sticks. You can lubricate the cable if the cable is rusty or corroded.

I suggest replacing the gas pedal if the cable has rust or corrosion. If you need further assistance with the throttle issue, then seek out a technician, as one from Your Mechanic, that can assist you with your vehicle.

3. When I turn my car on the idle is high and it doesn't come down. When I drive, it basically drives itself.