Q: Car turns over but won't start unless completely cooled down.

My Nissan 350z is throwing a p0420 code and it starts if I let it sit and cool down then starts right up. But if I shut it off it doesn't start again until cooled down. Mods on the car are cold air intake and exhaust.

Hi There, Code P0420 relates to the exhaust system, specifically to the catalytic converter, however there are a number of other things that may cause this code to be triggered as well. Other things like a faulty oxygen sensor, a faulty engine temperature sensor, an exhaust leak, a leaking fuel injector or a misfire can also cause this code to come up. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to further diagnose and repair.

3. Car turns over but won't start unless completely cooled down.