Q: Car is completely shutting off then restarting a few mins after

asked by on February 27, 2018

I have a Chrys 200 2012 and it makes a clicking sound (pretty loud) and then the car completely shuts off then a 3-15mins later turns back/restarts itself.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The noise should be pinpointed, in case it is relevant to the stalling. There are many causes of stalling but a few possibilities are a faulty mass airflow sensor, faulty engine coolant temperature switch/sensor (typically at cold start only), faulty camshaft or crankshaft position sensors, worn spark plugs, wires or defective ignition coil(s), inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (clogged fuel filter, injectors, faulty fuel pump or pump circuit), contaminated or old gasoline, defective throttle position sensor, faulty idle air control valve, leaks in the EGR system, intake vacuum leaks, and so forth. If you request an engine stalling diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get the issue that you are inquiring about resolved promptly, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr