Q: 2006. Chrysler 300c ac on and making a squeaking sound and the clutch is not engaging fully.

Well clutch is not engaging 100 percent and make a loud noise on calling for cooling but i turn the ac off noise goes away. I know is the clutch but my question is or advice is either replace the clutch or whole compressor. And I'm a mechanic myself but never worked on ac parts all. 2006 chrysler 300c Hertitage edition. My question is should i perform a clutch replacement or compressor replacement? 2nd question by performing a clutch replacement do i need to evacuate the charge and how hard is it to replace a clutch?

The A/C compressor clutch on this vehicle can be removed without taking the compressor out or disturbing the refrigerant charge. To determine whether it is necessary to replace the compressor, once you get the clutch out if the friction friction material surfaces are oily, inspect the shaft and nose area of the A/C compressor for refrigerant oil. If refrigerant oil is found, the compressor shaft seal is leaking and the A/C compressor must be rebuilt or replaced (they are rebuildable; you can just put a new shaft seal in). Check the clutch pulley bearing for roughness or excessive leakage of grease. Replace the pulley and bearing assembly, if required. You might check the clutch relay, just in case it is intermittent, thus causing your problem. If you desire that a certified mechanic resolve the issue that you are having with the clutch/compressor, please simply request an a/c clutch compressor diagnostic/replacement and the responding mechanic will get it diagnosed and repaired for you. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.

3. 2006. Chrysler 300c ac on and making a squeaking sound and the clutch is not engaging fully.