Q: I have a grinding noise when stationary in traffic from engine

As above there is a grinding noise from the engine when i am stationary in traffic i have had it in the garage and they've checked it all over and can't find the issue. What could it be?

Hi there. I would need to know what kind of vehicle this is in order to be able to give you the best information. Most of the time though when you get a grinding noise from the engine when the vehicle is stationary it is because you have a failing gear or pulley, or a timing chain issue. I usually remove the engine drive belt first and start the engine. If the noise goes away then those pulleys will need to be checked to see where the issue is. If the noise continues then the front cover of the engine will need to be removed in order to identify where the noise is coming from. I would get some assistance from a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, that can come to you to [diagnose why the engine is making this noise] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/noise-from-engine-or-exhaust-inspection

3. I have a grinding noise when stationary in traffic from engine