Q: Q: Car turning over, but it will not start.

In my 1999 malibu there was a problem with the ignition switch so we took it to Chevy so they could do what they needed to, it turns out they only cut the key tighter. So I would use the new key they had cut to start the car it would start fine that is until I drove it about 10 miles turned the car off went to work hours later I come out to start the car It will turn over but it will not start. I then did some testing I didn't drive the car but every 2 hours or so I would go outside and turn the car on, It would start no problem but as soon as I drive it somewhere and leave the car it will not start. The battery is fine, as soon as the car gets going there is no mechanical issue. So please help me deduce the problem.

You may need to have the key re-flashed to the car’s computer. It sounds like every time you leave the car it has a problem re-associating itself with the car. I would recommend taking it back to the Chevy dealer to have the key re-flashed.

3. Q: Car turning over, but it will not start.