Q: Steering shakes when I get to 100 kph, also makes a scrubbing noise in front over bumps/driveways 2003 Holden Commodore (VY)

I just brought a vy commodore and apparently it has new suspension but recently I noticed wen I drive and it reaches speeds of 100 my steering shakes it has just had new back tires and front tires were already new also it makes a scrubbing noise in front end wen I go over bumps or up and down driveways I thought this was due to having an upgraded ss body kit ? Plz help

Hi there - sounds like your tires/wheels are out of balance, out of round or you have a bent wheel. The "scrubbing" noise when the front suspension is compressed going over bumps also suggests that the tires are rubbing on some other suspension component, or perhaps the wheel well liner. I would recommend a steering and suspension inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. I would then have a reputable tire shop inspect and re-balance your tires.

3. Steering shakes when I get to 100 kph, also makes a scrubbing noise in front over bumps/driveways 2003 Holden Commodore (VY)