Q: My car misfires when it's cold al so idling rough

My car is idling rough and misfires when it is cold outside when it is warm normal temp she doesn't misfire I also noticed my rmps are higher than usual and I smell gas

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle may be having one of several issues including clogged fuel injectors, poor compression (metal expands when hot), any of your air intake sensors, or a vacuum leak. The valves and lifters can also form leaks. You will want to check into each of these components until you find the issue. You can also try scanning the vehicle for diagnostic codes to see if the computer has detected any issues. For more help with diagnostics and repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. My car misfires when it's cold al so idling rough