Q: Can't insert key into doorlock

Something is blocking the car doorlock, so I can't put my key in.

There are many small moving parts inside a lock tumbler. There is a tiny door that prevents water and debris from entering easily. As with any moving parts they need occasional lubrication. There are products made specifically for locks, or you could try WD-40 or the like. If any parts inside are seized or have come out of place, the lock will need replaced. If you would like this repaired, consider YourMechanic -- our mechanics can provide a diagnostic for your door lock at your home or office.

3. Can't insert key into doorlock