Q: Car sputters and sounds like it wants to stall in Park

When in Park, my car is sputtering and sounds like it wants to stall out. But when I get to driving around, the vehicle idles fine. Also, it takes roughly three to six seconds to start up and sounds like it's having a hard time turning over.

Hello. If the engine has a hard time starting and idles roughly, then it may need a tune up. If the spark plugs or other parts of the ignition system are worn, then this will occur. Another common cause of this is a failure in the fuel system. A failing fuel pressure regulator or a fuel injector that is leaking will cause this. A mechanic would start by checking the fuel pressure and the ignition system to see if there is a failure. If this is something that you plan on having looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can inspect the starting issue your vehicle is encountering and replace any failing component.

3. Car sputters and sounds like it wants to stall in Park