Q: Steering does not respond properly, do i need to replace the gear box?

asked by on October 25, 2016

When drive on freeway curve little slice to right. whole body swing back to the left uncomgortsble. Do I need whole new sway bar???? I did alingment and complete suspension Accept rear sway bar Thsnk you.

As you know, the sway bar connects suspension components on opposite sides of the vehicle. The stabilizer bar should be checked for stiffness. This causes side-to-side motion in the car which affects steering and handling of the vehicle. Failure to maintain sway bars can cause the wheels on the outside of a turn to lose contact with the road causing poor steering and handling of the vehicle. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your car to properly diagnose the steering issue and follow through with appropriate repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr