Q: Used car

so i'm looking at buying a new car and he just recently repaired a bunch of front end things on the car which makes me think that's it's being in a head on collision. it's has new front brake pads clutch slave cylinder water pump left front strut front caster bushes and head lights and indicators. i feel like their might be some problems chassy. am i right to be suspicious

Items like brake pads, slave cylinder, and water pump I would look at as normal wear and tear items, as I would the bushings. headlights and markers can be looked it in two ways. 1 - They WERE replaced due to a collision, or 2 - They were replaced due to the original ones being faded and/or cracked from age. If you are unsure about the vehicle, don’t hesitate to tell the owner that you wish to have a pre-purchase inspection performed by a certified technician before you decide to make an offer on the car. If the seller is unwilling to allow that, then I would recommend moving on to another vehicle.

Hi There, You are on the right track in questioning repairs done, however without knowing the year, make and model of the vehicle it may be difficult to determine if these are ordinary considering the age of the car. I would suggest asking for a CarFax report which should indicate some, if not all of the repairs made. However, keep in mind even the Car Fax report will not always be 100% accurate. As you know, with any car the life expectancy of it depends largely on the maintenance schedule the owner has maintained, the driving conditions it is subjected to, the driving habits of the owner and many other factors. Often times when a car has had internal damage or even slight cosmetic damage, it may be difficult to tell without looking closely or performing an in depth inspection. As with any vehicle, proper maintenance schedules are a key factor to prolonging the longevity of the vehicle and avoiding unnecessary costly repair bills due to neglecting proper maintenance intervals. I would suggest having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your location to perform a thorough pre-purchase inspection prior to making your purchase.