Q: My car hesitates & stutters uphill, black smoke out of exhaust

Engine Light is on. It came on after visiting some amateur mechanic shop. My car just in the last week or so started off with issues of power going uphill. I also noticed this as the car would shift into the 2nd gear. The shift wasn't rough but when it did change gear it was very sluggish. And it eventually started to hesitate but not that much. Now the car is very sluggish going uphill with obvious and frequent hesitations. It's at its worst when the car has been running or HOT. In the morning car is not 100% but worsens as you drive it. I also noticed BLACKISH smoke coming out of the exhaust. The black exhaust is not coming out all the time. It comes out right after when the car experiences the difficulty trying to go uphill or shift in gears. I've replaced: spark plugs, sp-wires, d-cap rotor, cleaned the d-cap, new MAF, IAC, O2 sensor. *distributor cap does have a lot oil built up underneath it where there is a metal tray. Fuel filter-new

Diagnostic READERS won't work on this car

Hi there. A problem like you’ve described is commonly caused by a few different things, ranging from fuel system components like fuel injectors, throttle body and mass air flow sensors being dirty or needing replacement. It’s also common for worn spark plugs, fuel and air filters to cause sluggish performance and the black smoke. It would be a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection, so they can isolate the source of this problem and recommend the right repairs.

3. My car hesitates & stutters uphill, black smoke out of exhaust