Q: White smoke/noise from new power steering pump and difficulty turning wheel

asked by on October 20, 2017

I just replaced my power steering pump in my Jeep Wrangler jk and I'm not running low on power steering fluid. The pulley keeps sticking and there is white smoke coming from it. I'm having problems turning my steering wheel as well

Hi Smith. Thanks for contacting us today. If the pulley is hard to turn and there is smoke coming from it, then it’s more than likely that it’s either not the right pulley for that pump, not properly aligned or lubricated correctly. Since we’re not able to see what repairs were completed or inspect the vehicle personally, it’s hard to provide you with right advice on how to resolve this issue. You might want to have one of our mechanics come to your location to first complete an onsite inspection.