Q: Loud screeching after brake pads & front rotors were replaced

The dealership replaced the front rotors and brake pads in my car recently. I'm now getting a loud and irritating screeching noise when I put on the brakes. Do you think this should be happening after having had the replacements?

I would take it back to the dealer as soon as possible and have them recheck everything to make sure a brake pad sensor is not out of place and to fix the problem.

The dealer uses all factory parts, but that does not mean they are any better than a good quality aftermarket design. Some aftermarket designs may have better sound-deadening properties than the dealer installed parts.

3. Loud screeching after brake pads & front rotors were replaced