Q: Metal-on-metal sound from front of car

asked by on February 11, 2016

I can hear a metal-on-metal noise coming from the right front of the car. It sounds like there might be an object lodged in the disc brake caliper.

It sounds like the pads are grinding the rotorLook through the wheel. Take note of the brake pad thickness. See if there is approximately 2mm of pad surface remaining (about the thickness of a nickel). If possible look at the inboard pad too. If the pads look ok, you may have to have the wheel off in order to fully inspect all the components. If you need help, find a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, complete a full brake inspection and provide any other necessary repairs to resolve your issue.