Q: Air won't blow

asked by on June 04, 2016

I have a 2003 Chevy trailblazer. The air in the front like heat and ac blows, but it's a really low blow even if it's turned all the way up. Could it be the blower motor?

This is a very common problem for your type of vehicle. Most likely what has happened is that the blower motor is going bad. As a result of that, it is drawing too much current. What is likely to be found as well as the bad blower motor is that the connector may be melted, causing a bad connection.

I believe that replacing the bad blower motor and the blower motor resistor assembly should fix your problem. The connector that is melted is part of the blower motor resistor. The blower motor resistor is also a high failure rate part for your vehicle, so replacing it will save you some headaches down the road, most likely.

If you need more assistance, feel free to make an appointment with one of the mechanics at YourMechanic. They can come to your home or office to diagnose your issue and perform any repairs.