Q: What kind of sealant if any do i need for the oil filter adapter gasket

I have to replace my oil filter adapter gasket I have all the parts I need just need to know if I need any sealant for it and if so what kind

A: I would not recommend using any sealer othe...

I would not recommend using any sealer other than Ultra Grey by Permatex. When you remove the housing if you have a paper type gasket use the sealer, but if the gasket is a rubber o-ring then do not use any sealer except a small amount to hold the o-ring in place. Make sure you get both surfaces very clean and then dry them with brake cleaner before assembly. If you want the help of a professional, a certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to replace your oil filter gasket.