Q: Temperature gauge keep going up and down

I bought this car with this problem of temp gauge going up and down. Even after changing radiator,fan sensor,gauge sensors and water pump, I'm still expriencing the same problem. What could be the problem of gauge going up and down? How can I fix it?

Hi there. There are several possible causes for the temperature gauge going up and down. First, you need to verify that the cooling fans are working. If the fans are not working, begin by checking the fuse. If the fuse checks ok, I would check for voltage at the fan motor. Voltage at the fan motor will verify that the relay is working. Should the cooling fans operate properly, I would suspect the thermostat, an air pocket trapped in the cooling system, or a faulty temperature gauge. Your Mechanic has several qualified technicians that can assist you with a proper inspection of your temperature gauge.