Q: HONDA CRV SHAKING WHEN IDLING

Mechanic replaced motor mount on my 2010 Honda CRV to address the shaking inside the car when engine is idling. The problem is, even after the engine mount was replaced, the shaking is still there! What else could he have missed? The transmission mount was not bad according to him.

Shaking or vibration may be caused by many different things such as faulty spark plugs, poor fuel pressure or misfires. Other things such as a faulty idle air control valve may cause the engine idle to drop below the normal idling RPM which may also cause the motor to shake or vibrate more than normal. This creates a loss of power that resonates throughout the motor additionally causing other problems with ignition and fuel timing. Anytime a misfire is caused, this causes an imbalance in the motor which will cause the motor to shake or vibrate. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. HONDA CRV SHAKING WHEN IDLING