Q: 2008 Ford Mustang GT Stalls after warm up as if it ran out of gas and won't restart until engine is cooled

2008 Ford Mustang GT, starts and runs well when it's cold (occasional sputter when cold but for 2-3 secs then stops) . When the car warms up after 35 mins of driving, the car sputters as if it's running out of fuel and if you press the gas it will not accelerate but sputters. After the car stalls, it will not restart until the engine cool off which is about a hour wait. When the car stalls you can smell a lean fuel smell but it's faint. After the car cool off then it runs good again until it heats back up! What could be causing this issue because I'm hearing a number of suggestions from non lisences mechanics "LOL"! Really need your help because I'm lost on this one!!

The issue is the fuel pump relay on your fuel system. The fuel pump relay is getting hot and shutting off the fuel pump. Then when you shut off the engine and key to the ignition switch, the fuel pump relay cools off and then makes a good connection to the fuel pump. I recommend replacing the fuel pump relay.

If you need further assistance with your engine stalling after it starts sputtering when it is at operating temperature, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. 2008 Ford Mustang GT Stalls after warm up as if it ran out of gas and won't restart until engine is cooled