Q: My problem is Check Engine Light on. Cruise control does not work, loses power on hills, as if it does not want to pull hill.

check engine light on cruise control not working not wanting to pull the Hills only wants to go about 15 to 20 mile-an-hour up the hills who is this a sensor problem in the transmission or a timing chain problem

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, there is several possibilities for your vehicle’s drivability problems. Your vehicle’s Check Engine Light may help diagnose the lack of power and inoperative cruise control. Accessing the vehicle’s computer for codes stored, could direct you to the area of concern. The vehicle’s lack of power does not sound like a transmission or timing chain issue. It could be a fuel pump volume problem. It could be a restricted exhaust system ie; partially plugged catalytic converter. The inoperative cruise control could be related to the lack of power. I recommend your vehicle’s lack of power diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician from YourMechanic.