Q: Car independently accelerates - 2013 Porsche Panamera

asked by on September 07, 2016

My car independently and unexpectedly accelerates. It is intermittent and has occurred approximately four times. I have been to a dealer, but they could not find any problems with my car. My car now has 32,000 miles. Each time this occurred, I immediately hit the brake pedal in order to avoid an accident. This is only happening at low speeds or when the engine is idling and I have my foot off the brake. In your expertise, what is causing this and how can I get it fixed?

Make sure to stay in touch with Porsche on this issue. It is possible the Idle Air Control valve, which "adjusts" engine idle speed, is faulty, or is receiving an incorrect signal to raise the engine RPM (say for air conditioning load). The result would be an increase in engine speed. If you would like a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office, diagnose the issue and replace the Idle Air Control valve.