Q: I took the engine out of a 2007 malibu and put it into a 2005 cobolt and now it won't start.

I put the engine out of a 2007 malibu into a 2005 cobolt and now it won't start. Am I going to have to change the head because of a sensor on the head?

Hi there. Check all of the sensors to the engine and make sure that all of them are connected. Check the computer and see if there is an wires disconnected to it. A loose wire or a sensor to the cooling system or oil pressure system will cause the engine to not start. If you need further assistance with your engine not starting after an engine swap, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.