Q: When it rains water leaks inside my car to the passenger side.

asked by on February 28, 2017

When it rains heavy water leaks into my car. Only on the passenger side on the floor. Its not coming from the poo sealing on the doors, windows, or windshield. It seems to be coming from the engine area into the car.

Clear fluid is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If your vehicle is equipped with a sunroof, the sunroof drains may be clogged or the drain hose connection to the body may have come loose. If the drain hose is pulled from the body, water will leak into the vehicle instead of draining to the outside. If the water smells like coolant and the coolant level is low or the vehicle has been overheating, the leak could be from the heater core. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at your concerns to locate the problem causing the water leak and repair the fault properly.