Q: Car squeaking when driving.

The car squeaks when in motion, but it's not from the brakes. When the car is jostled, the sound comes from the rear. The car also vibrates when I come to a stop, starting from the front of the car and moving back. I've taken it to a local shop, but they are no help.

Hello. I know squeaking nosies can be annoying, and if it is coming from the rear of your vehicle it is typically from one of the suspension bushings or the rear shocks. The most common is the bushings. What I would do is inspect the rubber bushings on the rear suspension arms and if any of them are cracking or coming apart they need to be replaced. If the shocks have any oily residue on them then they need to be replaced. As for the shaking when coming to a stop it is typically caused by warped rotors. If the rotors are warped then anytime you hit the brakes those high and low spots in the rotors will cause this. The rotors can be removed and put on a brake lathe to see if they are warped. It may be a good idea to enlist the help of a certified mechanic that has the experience to do this, like one from YourMechanic.

3. Car squeaking when driving.