Q: How much to replace trans mount on a 2004 Dodge Neon? How long will it take?

asked by on February 15, 2018

Car vibrates badly...took in car yesterday for oil change, the auto shop told me I have a worn out trans mount....How much to replace and how long will it take?

Replacing just the transmission mount takes roughly an hour. The mount is probably less than $150. You can obtain a detailed, written quote via YourMechanic’s engine/transmission mount service page or by simply calling the main customer service number. If one mount is bad, the other two that hold up the engine should be scrutinized. Also, it is not clear from your inquiry if the faulty mount accounts for all of the vibration or if there are additional causes that will have to be pinpointed. At any rate, if you request service from YourMechanic, the responding certified mechanic will consider those additional issues. If you request the mount replacement service, the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.