Q: Car was totaled in frontal crash, airbags did not deploy, why??

asked by on November 13, 2017

My wife was in a frontal crash and her airbags did not deploy, I am curious as to why. She was going 40 and the car is totaled (via insurance).

This would need to be investigated by an air bag specialist. The system may have been disabled or had faults before the accident happened. I suggest you contact Ford and also a lawyer to investigate the cause. Not all accidents will trip the airbags and angles can cause no airbag deployment.