Q: Freeze plug popped out. Anti-freeze mixed with oil what should I do. Scared not sure if I should change the head gasket

Freeze plug popped out. Anti-freeze mixed with oil what should I do. Scared not sure if I should change the head gasket. I know I can just replace the plugs. Should I be worried about the oil and anti-freeze mix

Hi there. It really depends on how quickly you noticed the freeze plug issue and how long the anti-freeze and oil have been mixed. If it’s been more than a few days since the initial issue occurred, it’s possible that additional damage has occurred inside the motor. I would start by completely removing the oil and filter from the motor and let it drain for a few hours. Install a new oil filter and oil and replace that after 100 miles or so - which will flush the system of excess coolant. If you discover excessive coolant in the oil after the second oil filter and oil change, then it’s likely the head gasket is damaged.

3. Freeze plug popped out. Anti-freeze mixed with oil what should I do. Scared not sure if I should change the head gasket