Q: I have a 1997 Chevy pickup truck with a vortex motor in it will not fire up unless I started up and starting fluid but runs great

asked by on December 28, 2017

I have a 1997 Chevy pickup truck K 1500 will not start without using starting fluid it has a 6 cylinder 4.3 vortex motor they will run fine after I get it started any suggestions on what why wont it start without using starting fluid

You should have the fuel pressure tested to see if it is 60 to 66 psi. If it is low it will be hard to or no start and is due to the fuel pump not producing enough pressure and have to replace pump and filter.