Hey, I'm trying to flush the radiator flush from my cooli...

Hey, I'm trying to flush the radiator flush from my cooling system but I keep getting foamy stuff coming out when I drain it. It's like residue from the flush treatment I used. Also, when I start the car after filling it up with w...

Hey, I'm trying to flush the radiator flush from my cooling system but I keep getting foamy stuff coming out when I drain it. It's like residue from the flush treatment I used. Also, when I start the car after filling it up with water again. Is there a good way to get all the foam stuff out? Does it matter? Can I just put the coolant in now?

Automotive Expert
Hello and welcome to just answer. My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will assist you today. I am sorry you are having this issue but hopefully I can help. Sometimes it takes a while for all of the cooling system flushing cleaner to get completely cleared out. Are you just filling it with clean water, run the engine, then drain it? Or are you using a flushing Tee? Chris

Just filling with water and then draining it.
Automotive Expert
Gotcha. Well you can keep doing this and eventually it will run clear, then you can add your coolant. Or install a flushing tee into a heater hose and back flush it that way. Click on the link below to see what I am talking about. Chris https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/dorman-help-universal-coolant-service-kit-47016/22140359-p?product\_channel=local&store=3708&adtype=pla&product\_channel=local&store\_code=3708&gclid=Cj0KCQiA48j9BRC-ARIsAMQu3WSIGPuZZuyJIJ6rEXM3HJOOdXzJ1XCIpKptiU2itbOZFjGX1AsaFk8aAhcFEALw\_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Oh yeah I've seen those. I dont think I can use it though. My driveway slants down toward my house so if I park there the front end of my car will be lower than the back end. But I have to make sure the front end is the highest point in order to flush the system, right? I thought about backing it in so the front end would be higher but then the exhaust fumes would pollute my landlord's and my neighbour's suites.
Automotive Expert
Gotcha, well, the front end being lower should not really matter because the water pump will still circulate the water when the engine is running. Now when doing the final fill, then yes the front should be a bit higher so any air that may get trapped can be bled out. Chris

Oh! Okay I'll try the flush tee then. Thanks a lot :)