Q: Antifreeze leak

My car has an antifreeze leak.

Coolant leaks will only get worse over time. Generally, when coolant is leaking there will be a white residue at/or near the leak source. The best way to locate a leak that may not have an obvious source is performing a coolant system pressure test. Once the leak is located then it needs to be repaired and another pressure test conducted to ensure cooling system integrity.

Please note tha the cooling system should never be checked with the engine hot or the system pressurized or serious injury can occur. Common areas for leaks is at specific components such as the radiator or waterpump or thermostat housing. Hoses and or fittings are common leak areas as well. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the tools and training necessary to locate the coolant leak and repair the system for optimum efficiency