Q: Sequaling noise on light acceleration when the engine is warm

asked by on September 21, 2016

When the engine is warm, light acceleration leads to a sequaling noise. I feel like it is coming from passenger side. The sound will go away if I release the gas pedal. Also I don't find any noise when I press gas pedal. Any idea will help.

Serpentine/Drive Belt Replacement $95.44 - $301.27 Get a Quote
Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement $134.17 - $573.33 Get a Quote

You should have the serpentine belt and belt tensioner checked and replaced as a set if it is the cause of the squeal. This is the most common cause of squealing. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to replace both your serpentine belt as well as your belt tensioner.