Q: Headlights

asked by on February 02, 2017

How would the headlights come on while in off position in the middle of the night.

Headlight Switch Replacement $105.88 - $475.97 Get a Quote

It sounds like your headlight circuit has a short to power. This will cause the system to activate without the use of the switch. The most common cause of an issue like this would be a fault in the switch itself. The switch is where the on/off setting is located. Thererfore, a short is most likely to happen at that location as it is the only location where on and off can be selected. I would recommend having your headlight switch tested by a qualified professional to determine if the switch is shorted. Then replace the headlight switch if necessary to resolve this issue.