Q: noise after oil change

I had the oil changed at the dealership in my new GMC at 5000 miles. But then it developed a knock in the front end. I took it to the dealership 3 days later, and they couldn't find out what was wrong. But the noise did stop. I had the oil changed again at 12,000 miles and it started the sharp noise again. I took it back to the dealership, and they had no idea what was wrong. Do you have any ideas? Thanks.

Hello. If this occurs right after the oil change it is because the vehicle was put up in the air to service it. When this occurs the bushings and shocks over extend, which ends up putting them in the wrong position which causes noise. However, this is usually only a temporary issue. Most of the time when the vehicle is jounced hard afterwards the noise goes away. It can be prevented by doing the oil change while the vehicle is on the ground or on a drive-on hoist. If the noise persists, a certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or workplace to inspect what’s causing the noise.

3. noise after oil change