Q: Throttle Position Sensor replacement - Re-learn Needed?

So I got a new throttle position sensor. And the code p0120 keeps showing up and I cant get rid of it. The car will start sometimes but when I give it too much gas it will sputter and stall. Also, when I put my car in drive or reverse it will idle at 1000+ rpms and already want to start going. In addition to when in drive, it idles up and down and up and down until i put it in park then it idles fine. Its a brand new sensor. Can you give me a list of things you would do to fix it please? Im short on money right now and I need this fixed so I can go to work.

Hello - there is a step missing in your throttle position sensor replacement, and that is the "re-learn" procedure. This step allows the engine computer, transmission controller and other components of engine management to "learn" the specific behavior of the TPS you just installed. Performing this process, which is often different for each manufacturers engine/transmission combination, will eliminate the bad behavior you are currently experiencing with your vehicle. If you need assistance, I would recommend having a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, perform a throttle position sensor service. They will come to your location, complete the installation and "re-learn" process, and get you on your way.

3. Throttle Position Sensor replacement - Re-learn Needed?