Q: My 2008 escape 2.3l 4wd needs an engine so can I use and engine out of a front wheel drive escape even though mine is 4 wheel driv

asked by on March 30, 2017

I have a 2008 4wd 2.3l escape that needs an engine the 8th digit of the VIN is Z. Can I use an engine out of the front wheel drive escape even though mine is 4 wheel drive????

Hi there. Unfortunately, our mobile mechanics do not offer engine swap services in North America, so we’re really not best suited to answer this question for you. The best advice we can offer is for you to contact a local Ford dealership and to ask them about engine modification options for your specific vehicle. I can tell you that in general, the engine size would fit with the existing motor mounts; but where the issues come is with compatibility to the driveline system and electrical or sensor / ECU components.