Q: Why does my is350 2006 lexus start but then dies after 2 seconds. Then after I try to start it again all I get is just a clicking

asked by on March 30, 2017

My car starts for 2 seconds then dies. But then when I try starting it again I just get a clicking noise. I went and took my starter to auto zone and it was good. My battery seems to be good also.

You should have the theft system checked to see if it is activated first and then have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic test the battery and starter circuit for you. The problem sounds like the battery is low on charge and charging system not able to keep the engine running.