Q: My truck is making a chattering sound when accelerating and when shifting - 2011 Ford F-150

asked by on November 09, 2016

My truck is making a chattering sound when exelerating and when shifting from gear to gear. When driving with cruise control on its making the same chattering sound when engen has to pull a little hard. What can it be?

Hello. This is a problem of which Ford is aware, and there are several Technical Service Bulletins from Ford for this issue (#15-0114 and #11-11-6 among them). Check with your Ford service center regarding this issue, and look to these bulletins for resolution.

If you find that the issue is not addressed by the Technical Service Bulletins, then I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the truck is making noises during acceleration and suggest the needed repairs.