Q: fuel filter

asked by on February 26, 2017

Changed fuel filter drove around for an hour came back home had lunch ect went to go back out truck won't start. Took off fuel filter it was empty so i filled it with diesle still wont start.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. We will be happy to assist you. There are are a few things that I recommend a technician inspect. Fuel should have been inside the filter once you removed it. A test must be done to see if the fuel is reaching the fuel filter. If not there may be something such as a bad fuel pump, clogged fuel line, bad fuel pump relay, bad crank/cam position sensor, or faulty wiring. Be aware that the wire bundle near the battery is known to get coated with diesel blow-by and cause short circuiting. You are able to find a technician an schedule an appointment to diagnose your vehicle here https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-not-starting-inspection