Q: A clicking noise coming from the engine bay, gets louder when you give it gas.

started making a clicking noise. If u give it gas in park or in gear it gets louder. But once u get on the highway it goes away.. or at least u can't hear it anymore. Sounds like it's coming from the left side of the engine bay. Usually once u start it, it won't do it.. only after u been driving for a min..drives fine. No vibration. No engine light.

With the description that you have given above, it sounds like you may be describing an exhaust leak. The tick could be the exhaust gas escaping from a small crack, or where a gasket has been compromised, and this is why the frequency would change with the RPM’s. It would really be necessary to do an inspection to be able to pinpoint exactly where the noise is coming from, and then identify what component in that area is making the noise. This is one of those situations where it will really be necessary for a mechanic to have the vehicle in front of them. If you need help in identifying and/or repairing the situation, contact a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.

• A clicking noise coming from the engine bay, gets louder when you give it gas.