how can i tell if a control module has gone out v8-5.3l e...

Q: how can i tell if a control module has gone out

asked by on July 19, 2016

my truck was running fine. I went to start it the next day and the alarm went off and nothing works will not start no cluster lights can not turn the ignition on

First, the connection to the battery must be checked to make sure the terminals are clean and tight. A poor connection here can cause a long list of problems. Try again with a good connection and charged battery. If the ignition key is badly worn, in some cases you can flip the key and get the tumblers to align properly. If you want to have this taken care of, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose why your car will not start, and let you know what needs to be done.