Q: Car computer randomly beeps - 1998 BMW 323is

The computer in my car has been randomly beeping and there are no flashing warning lights or messages, so I can not determine the cause. I have checked all fluids and they seem to be properly filled. Recently when I started my car it read ‘check coolant’ so I added some.

I was thinking this might be the cause of the beeping, but now I do not think so since it continued after filling the coolant. I also made sure the oil was at the proper level and added some. The beeping is very random and it does not affect the driving performance of the car. I have also considered that it might be the clock setting function, but not sure. Nothing seems to be affected by the beeping, except my annoyance. In your professional experience, what do you think is causing this random beeping?

There are a number of driver-set functions which may cause the "3-beep" symptom: "top of the hour" clock warning (so you can catch the news), speed warning, icing conditions warning, etc. These are all set on the On-Board Computer. Check your Owners Manual to review which functions may be set.

3. Car computer randomly beeps - 1998 BMW 323is