Q: New tension belt was put on and the car will not start. The car computer is saying the timing belt is off.

new tension belt was put on and the car will not start. the car computer is saying the timing is off. would that have to do with the tension belt being installed incorrectly? How much is for just a labor job? Should I take it to suzuki dealership?

Timing Belt Replacement $295.56 - $1284.62 Get a Quote

Hi there. The serpentine or drive belts have nothing to do with the timing belt on the car. It depends on the tensioner that was installed, either the drive belt tensioner or the timing belt tensioner. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your timing issue.

Billing question sent to CS for the cost of diagnosing a skipped timing belt for a 2008 Suzuki V6-3.6L.