Q: How do you fill the gas tank?

How do you fill the gas tank?

A: Your car has the Easy Fuel® system, which m...

Your car has the Easy Fuel® system, which means there is no gas cap. That’s the only difference in terms of filling the tank up – you won’t have to remove the cap to start filling up. Here’s what you need to know:

1. Turn off the engine.

2. Open the fuel filler door.

3. Insert the gas pump nozzle.

4. Fill the tank.

5. Stop when the automatic shut-off activates. Don’t overfill the tank.

6. Wait a minute or two to let all the fuel drain into the tank.

7. Remove the nozzle and close the fuel filler door.

If you see the “Check Fuel Fill Inlet” message in your message center, make sure that the inlet is closed, as well as the fuel filler door. There may come a time that the fuel nozzle may not release the fuel flap due to the nozzle being worn. Just get the fuel filter funnel from the trunk area, put it in where the nozzle goes and insert the fuel filter from the pump into the funnel and fill the tank. Put the funnel away so it will be there when you need it again.