Q: Brakes metal grinding

I just installed a new rotors and pads on my van..and theres a problems...everytime lm going downhill and sudden stops theres a metal to metal noise..please let me what to do..thank you.

A: The material in the pads have metal impregn...

The material in the pads have metal impregnated into the pad material. This can cause a grinding noise. The metallic pads can be very noisy at times and sound like it's grinding, metal to metal. This is normal for the brake system. However, If you feel like it's out of the ordinary, I recommend having the brakes inspected by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, just to be sure that it is only the pad material creating the noise and not another kind of problem.