Q: The new ignition is locked, cannot turn over

asked by on June 23, 2016

I had a problem with my smart key got stuck in the ignition and broke inside. I had the security light on. So, I had the ignition replaced along with the ECM. Now, there is no turn over. This new ignition seems to be blocked or locked up and I don't know how to make it work. Do you have any suggestion?

Hello. When you install a new ignition and a new computer, it needs to be reprogrammed to communicate correctly. This can usually only be done at the dealer. If they are not programmed correctly then the computers will not communicate which will keep the vehicle from starting.